Thursday, September 15, 2011

Solids Swap -- finished!

For the Love of Solids Swap: It's in the mail and on it's way to you, partner.  I hope you enjoy it, because I sure had a lot of fun sewing for you! Big thanks to Elizabeth of Don't Call Me Betsy and Megan of Canoe Ridge Creations for organizing. They did a fabulous job!

This was my first swap and I had a lot of fun, especially seeing all of the different ideas everyone came up with.  Check out the flickr pool here.  I chose to sew a mini quilt, which turned out a bit larger than I had planned.  Hopefully that's OK with my partner.  I forgot to take final measurements but I think it's about 30"x32".  I used various Kona Solids, some Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen, and a bit of Essex Linen, all from my friend Brenda's shop.

I brought it with me out to Montana this last week to get some glamour shots. Thanks for the photos, T!  Love that late afternoon summer sun.

Here's the front:
For the Love of Solids -- Completed!

A close up of the piecing and quilting:
For the Love of Solids -- Completed!

 And the back:
For the Love of Solids -- Completed!

I'm waiting to show the small item I made until my partner has received it; don't want to give everything away! This was a lot of fun and I hope my partner enjoys the items as much as I enjoyed making them.

~Anna

4 comments: